Sunday, August 16, 2009


Well I said one of my hobbies is painting so I thought I should post one of those as well. The inspiration for this picture I got from a Christmas card. I really wanted this beautiful picture of Santa I saw at a store. Could not see paying out that much money ( I do have two kids) So saw my card and Painted my own picture. Had a picture that i hated but, liked the frame. Ta-da painted the mat Christmas red and green and popped my painting in. I used a cheap thin canvas purchased at a well known used to carry all my crafts and material and does not any more store. ( But let's not get me fussing. that is an all different blog page) I used oil paints. I used my kids names on Santa's list to make it more personal. Here is the sad part......I miss spelt my son's name.... was about to hang the picture... Daughter caught it.. well lets just say it took a couple more weeks before we got to hang the picture. He looks good hanging on my red wall at Christmas with the glow of Christmas lights sparkling in his face. I have no plans for future pictures at this time.... I have cakes to make ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wedding getting close. Sept. 19. Ordered black fondant and waiting for its delivery. Will start making gum paste roses and those Elephants soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment