Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gum paste daisies and fondant bow is what this weeks cake making adventure was all about. I made this cake for my niece. Four layers with strawberry filling between two of them. Covered with just butter cream frosting. Was a little scared at first when it was just a green square. My daughter said at that stage it looked like one of those green foam florist squares.
White dots, daisies and the bow took that look away and made it look like what you see before you. This was my first try at making daisies, while teaching my self I showed my daughter how, as well.I enlisted her help to make many of them. I found the daisies very easy and fast. I was able to make them while cake was cooling, and even had to make a few to add on at the last minute. Also discovered dots and flowers can cover many a flaw in icing. Also discovered that this shade of green became darker after it sat for awhile. It was not the perfection that I would have hoped for but, the family seemed to like it. )OH! thought for today " if it was not for my flaws in my smooth finish I would not have added the cute dots nor so many daisies... again mistakes worked out to a great creation". I wonder what my next mistake will create again i can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment