Saturday, August 15, 2009

Luau Cake, Beach scene with palm trees, hibiscus flowers, tiki faces, chocolate shells , flip flops complete with sand, blue sky and water
.Cake was made for a luau couples shower. Took me an hour to make the first big hibiscus flower. lets just say I started weeks in advance. Over all I was very happy with it. Chocolate shells where the easiest to make because I had a shell mold. base covered in fondant, cake covered in butter cream icing. All other decorations were made from fondant and a little hand painting with food paste color and aired dried before attaching . Good old fashioned brown sugar was used for the sand. First try at this one. Over all was happy. would love to try again on my palm trees.. I think my next ones would be more full with palm leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment