Sunday, January 17, 2010

WWE wrestling cake


Not much to say about this one.. was a little last minute, So I had to cover dowel rods for my post and use red curling ribbons for my robe. Would have used pretzel rods for post and red liquorish for the robes if I could have made a store run. Molded the men out of fondant and lucked up that they dried by morning. The WWE sign in the middle I cut out a circle from fondant and painted on the design with food coloring. Love doing that technique. Love getting to use my artful side of me. Found a face mold in the clay section in a craft store... ( Victorian faces to be exact) After I used the mold I then moved things around on the face to make each one different and look like men and a little more mean. I was on my own with the body, But I am now thinking I need to start looking in the clay craft section more often. They sell the little metal cutters cheaper over there as well. I think I pay any where from 4 to 7 dollars for some of those metal shape cutters in the cake section. I bought me three in a pack butterflies for $1.15 in the clay section, even a cuter shape.Now isn't that strange and ironic.

2 comments:

  1. I was trying to find out how soon of a notice you need to make the cake and pricing. I would love to have that wrestling cake for my son party Saturday with out the wrestlers on it. Can you please give me a call at 205-563-3058 Marquita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need atleast a week to make sure I am availiable.

    ReplyDelete