Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chipmunk Girl Cake

Chipmunk Girl Cake
This one I started working on the chipmunks five days before they were needed. I used a mixture of fondant and gum paste mixed together. Mixing them together gives me something that will dry some what fast yet soft enough to create the faces and a little more time to work on them. I detailed them the rest of the way the next day using a painting method with food coloring. I marbled the cake with light and dark pink. Had no idea what to do with the rest of the cake, so I just went girlie and with the hot colors of the day. pink, brown and black. Was real proud of the one in glasses. She was my best one. The others would have done over if I would have had the time and not loose any more money off of it. Was going to put the boy chipmunk faces on the sides of the cake but, I did not like the result so we trashed them and went with black eyed daisies and brown polka dots. Now on to the Simpson cake that is needed for Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment