Friday, September 18, 2009

close up of the alabama grooms cake







It is now 3:27 p.m. I am finished with the Alabama Grooms cake. Grooms initial is the center piece with Big Al being the groom on this cake. I started as soon as I got back from taking the kids to school. So, I am thinking This one took me about 7 hours with maybe 30 min sit down breaks here and there. I did put the hounds tooth print on top. Cutting each print out by hand. That was my most time consuming part. Oh' and lets not forget I made the elephants and all other little add on's out of gum paste about a week ago. This cake in total has about 10 hours of work put into it. To find out The S was backwards and everything had to be turned around .........I am tired and exhausted and still have the big grand daddy of a bride cake to go.....Hoping I can hold out till the end and make it great. OH' dear lord be with me for the next 7 hours or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment