Friday, September 18, 2009

Black and White Scroll Wedding Cake,

It is now 11:26 p.m. The Brides cake is finished. I do not even want to count the hours that I put in today. I am also just getting to eat my supper. I should call this one the cake from hell. I bought a new brand of fondant to try... It does taste better, but it is so soft. It's easy to rip, bubble, and very sticky. I will not let that deter me from using it again because I do prefer the taste of it better ( Satin Ice ) . Wilton's brand is easier to work with.. seems to be thicker in consistency. I will just have to learn how to work with the other. Then I never could get my roses done before hand. So, ribbon roses were tossed together and stuck on. Then my pipping was terrible. It kept stopping up my small tip. Over all just glad I am done. These are just what they are. Not loving them but, I will live with them. Lesson learned in today's hobby.. NEVER do two big cakes in one day. I am only one person with one stove and a mixer. Would love to try the black and white scroll pattern again..............When it is the only one I will be working on.....and not starting on it at complete exhaustion. My feet are throbbing, my back is aching, and my hands hurt. Getting out of bed at 6:00 , and stood on my feet till I sat down to do this.............( did have a fifteen min. lunch break) but will get to bed by 12:00. If I can only relax enough to fall a sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this cake. I am thinking about doing my wedding in black and white scroll pattern with red and came across your cake on the internet. Just wanted to let you know that it is beautiful! I wish you were close to Tallahassee, FL so I could hire you to do this cake for me!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete