Monday, September 21, 2009


Cakes seemed to be a hit at the wedding...Couple was happy and guest complimented on them often..( me....I found the grooms cake turned out dry and the wedding cake tasted better but, i am not a fan of boxed red velvet cake. Glad i did not try to make them from scratch ( they do taste better that way.) I was already in a time crunch. Now we move on to the next one... This week...........wedding anniversary, Pink and lavender tiered up like a wedding cake... ( this one is going to be a round cake , Hoping it will be awhile before I have to do another square cake again.)

I found the square cake to be awkward to work with and difficult to cover the big bottom tier in fondant.....( still loving working in the fondant though.. it is amazing how well it travels and easy to fix on the spot. Wedding cake squished in a little on the back side ( thank you God for being the back of the cake) All I had to do was push it back down .......no one ever noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment