Saturday, December 5, 2009

Postal bag cake

Mail bag with mail..... carved cake then covered with fondant. Hand painted the emblem and stamps... also painted some texture to make the bag hopefully look like old leather. I might add a single rose to feminize it some. This cake is for a women postal carrier. Letters were made out of fondant. I let them dry over night then painted on stamps and writing.
I think I shocked my self with this one. This was my first try at any kind of bag. I have always wanted to do a purse. One old leather bag looks as close as I will come. Really happy with this one and I am not one to toot my own horn. But toot toot toot for me.. I think I am proud to deliver this one. Feels nice for a change. ....... still thinking over weather or not to add the rose.. Will depend on if the rose looks good tomorrow when i am finished. Next week........one birthday cake and one graduation cake... My little hobby seems to be taking off and I really didn't mean to turn it into work. People keep asking,, I guess I will keep making. ( or baking so to speak lol )

1 comment:

  1. Woah this postal bag cake is looking very unique and amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete